GEB Filene

GEB Filene

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Back to the beginning...


Hi everyone! I was born January 23rd, 2013. As soon as I said “hello” to the world, my training began. Back at the Canine Development Center, GEB Volunteers would give me puppy massages so that I was used to being felt, and at a very young age I was also introduced to a variety of new experiences and surroundings. I worked on adjusting to different under footings, sounds, and smells. I need to be confident in all situations since someday, it will hopefully be my duty to lead my visually impaired partner. When I was 8 weeks old I took a puppy test. That determined whether I would go into the GEB puppy program, and continue to learn to be a good guide dog, or pursue an alternate career. The people who conduct the puppy test look for pups who adapt well to change, learn quickly, have a good energy level, and react well to noises and objects. Finally, they evaluate the pup’s willingness to turn its attention to people, even when other distractions are before them. And...... I PASSED! J They told me that I would be heading to the Monroe Region, and that my raiser was a 14-year-old girl who was SUPER excited that I was coming! I arrived into the arms of my new mommy April 5th, 2013. I made sure to give her lots of kisses and cuddles. I have been home for over a month and I have the best new family ever! Even though I had to leave my brother and sisters, I have a new “sister," Bliss who has lots of energy and loves to play! My mom also has 4 other sisters! My mom and I have lots of fun and go many places. She loves me very much!!!!

*licks* 

~GEB Filene 

No comments:

Post a Comment